One of my all-time favorite pastimes is to turn my favorite songs up loud and sing at the top of my voice. Granted, this is best done in an empty, stand-alone house…with all the windows shut. Or in an empty, fast-moving car…with all the windows shut. I’m not sure how we’ll accommodate this strange hobby when I move into my fiancé’s apartment, but we’ll figure it out as we go!
As I was blasting some of my favorite songs last night (and dancing around the kitchen, of course), I got to thinking about the way good music makes life better. I think we should all have a soundtrack playing in the background of our lives. And so I thought I’d share a few of my favorite tunes that help set the scenes for my life.
Unapologetic Love Songs
1. Lucky, Jason Mraz and Colbie Caillat
2. (Where Do I Begin) Love Story, Shirley Bassey
3. She’s My Kind of Rain, Tim McGraw
1. The Calculation, Regina Spektor
2. Wouldn’t It Be Nice, The Beach Boys
3. Relax Max, Dinah Washington
Best Instrumental Music for Any Time
1. Yachts (A Man Called Adam mix), Stephanie Pompougnac
2. Theme from “A Summer Place”, Percy Faith & His Orchestra
3. Ohayoo Ohio, Pink Martini
Songs for Rainy Afternoons
1. Quiet Times, Dido
2. Autumn in New York, Billie Holiday
3. Both Sides Now, Joni Mitchell
1. I Will Survive, Gloria Gaynor
2. No More Tears, Barbra Streisand
3. One More for the Road, Frank Sinatra
What are some of your favorite songs?